Nichols Memorial Hospital

Loading...
Thumbnail Image
Authors
Issue Date
Type
Image
Language
En
Keywords
Hospitals - Nichols Memorial Hospital , Hospitals, Churches
Research Projects
Organizational Units
Journal Issue
Alternative Title
Abstract
Description
Color postcard showing a photo of Nichols Memorial Hospital, c. 1908. This 60 room hospital was built by John Nichols in memory of his granddaughter, Fannie Caldwell Abel. It was located on the corner of Tompkins Street and West Michigan Avenue overlooking the Battle Creek River and railroad tracks, on the site of Sands McCamly's home. Nichols was dedicated on September 17, 1890 and deeded to the Charitable Union in 1901, on the condition that it always be used as a public and charitable hospital for the treatment of the sick and afflicted. In 1899 the hospital opened an accredited School of Nursing. It officially moved and changed its name to "Community Hospital" in 1938. Caption on front: Nichols Hospital, Battle Creek, Mich.
Citation
Publisher
License
Journal
Volume
Issue
PubMed ID
DOI
ISSN
EISSN