Nichols Memorial Hospital

Research Projects

Organizational Units

Journal Issue

Alternative Title

Abstract

Description

Postcard showing a photo of Nichols Memorial Hospital in winter. This 60 room hospital was built by John Nichols in memory of his granddaughter, Fannie Caldwell Abel. It was located on the corner of Tompkins Street and West Michigan Avenue overlooking the Battle Creek River and railroad tracks, on the site of Sands McCamly's home. Nichols was dedicated on September 17, 1890 and deeded to the Charitable Union in 1901, on the condition that it always be used as a public and charitable hospital for the treatment of the sick and afflicted. In 1899 the hospital opened an accredited School of Nursing. It officially moved and changed its name to "Community Hospital" in 1938. Caption on front: Nichol's Hospital Battle Creek, Mich 215.

Citation

Publisher

License

Journal

Volume

Issue

PubMed ID

DOI

ISSN

EISSN

Endorsement

Review

Supplemented By

Referenced By