Soldiers and Sailors Monument, c. 1906
Loading...
Authors
Issue Date
Type
Image
Language
En
Alternative Title
Abstract
Description
Postcard showing a photo of the Soldiers and Sailors Monument at the corner of Division Street, Main Street, and Marshall Street (now East Michigan Avenue), c. 1906. This monument, "Defense of our Flag" featuring two Civil War soldiers, was dedicated in 1901. It was moved to McCamly Park in 1966 to make way for redesign of the intersection. The First Methodist Church may be seen in the background.
Sent to: Mr. R. F. Hoffmaster New York NY c/o Hotel Navarre 38th St. & 7th Ave